Background

Friday, November 2, 2007

Young People Fun in Downtown Portland

Another magical night...I was so glad to be with my friends in Portland. We went to dinner at a fabulous Lebanese restaurant named Habibi that had the best stuffed grape leaves I've ever eaten. They're on SW Morrison Street, if you're ever in the neighborhood, try it!

After dinner, we rode the Max train all around the city and stopped by Powell's Bookstore (the best bookstore in the world, no joke), where I picked up a couple of Norman Rockwell books and one on Frieda Kahlo's work for dirt cheap. It seems like I never have enough time to look around when I go, we always need to be somewhere else. I hope one day soon, I can go and spend as much time as I like! Once done at Powell's, we rode the Max over to Papa Haydn's (a very well known restaurant and bakery) to pick up dessert, then it was back to Emma and Don's apartment to drink tea and share the several pieces of cake we bought.

Here is Mom and Robin (a friend from Thomas Aquinas College) having a good time at dinner.

Emma is laughing at me, Don is guarding the Papa Haydn's bag, and Mom is reading a paper, trying to politely ignore the drunk transient that was doing his best to engage us in conversation.

No comments: