Background

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Our Trip to Africa

Well, Brent and I decided to take a quick trip to Africa, here are the pics!

As our river tour started, I spotted this very sacred and genuine shrine. The locals leave copper currency for the monkey idol to ensure a fruitful banana harvest....

All manner of social anthropology can be observed right from the river. Here's a local business man (and his little orphan elephant) peddling his wares on the shore. The shriveled heads were tempting, but I just couldn't see them matching my current decour, so I passed.

As many of you know, Africa is a great place to see wildlife, and our river tour was no exception. Wow, a great African Bull Elephant and a Hippotamus were great photographic coups and I think the pics turned out good, considering the great speed of our boat!


Poor Brent, he got a little nervous when the hippos started to wiggle their ears and blow bubbles, but I was there, so he got through it ok. He went through a whole bottle of sunscreen under the hot African sun...

2 comments:

Brent said...

Are you trying to say something about my girth - me, an elephant and a hippo?

I didn't think so...

Becky Rose said...

Oh, Brent, don't be so sensitive. It wasn't finished yet....