Background

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day 7 on the Portland Pilgrimage

Well, a full week "on the road" and it seems like we've spent hardly any time in the car. This morning started with some seperation anxiety on George's part as his mother left for the day (Shelli babysits occationally) and my sleepy puzzlement because there hadn't been a baby in the house when I went to bed....So, everyone was "up" relatively early this morning and breakfast was apples, sausage rolls, and mochas! All morning, Mom kept asking me "are we picking up a Hoosier cabinet this morning? What did you decide? If you don't get it, will you be sorry? Dad would say you're being impractical, but I think you'll regret not getting it...." Well, I decided to just go in and ask if they would come down on the price. I mean, that's not comitting, but I could avoid buyers remorse that way, right? It was perfect middle ground between what Mom would do and what Dad would do....Well, after stopping by Kitterly to say goodbye to everyone, Mom and I went back to Sienna to see if they would discount from $1750 to $1500. After explaining my "unique" situation (like all my worldly possessions being on a flatbed trailer and not actually having a place to live yet, etc., etc.), the lady understood and called the seller to do some haggling. When she ended the conversation, she had a little smile on her face and told me that the gentlemen would take $1325. I went straight out to get my checkbook. I've wanted a Hoosier cabinet since I was 12 years old and was so happy that such a great example could be my first adult purchase. In 30 days, it will be all mine......



That's right, baby, SOLD!!

No comments: