Background

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Salty's on the Columbia

Well, this was my last day in Oregon and we all decided to meet at Salty's on the Columbia. Mom and I left the house late, and Jan thought our reservation was an hour later than it actually was, so after a series of frantic calls, we finally got there and met Adrienne and Paul (who had been waiting for a half hour, I still feel bad about that). Adrienne is one of my best friends in the whole wide world and always manages to meet up with me when I'm in town. I always feel so lucky to know her. She's reliable, smart, funny, pretty; Paul really lucked out there, I think. I hand-picked Paul for her (hee hee, just call me Yenta) and was rewarded for my success by being a bridesmaid at their wedding last summer. They just had their first anniversary..

Here is a photo of Adrienne and Neil McMahon chatting over brunch.

Here are all of us around the table, smiling at the waiter who was taking our photograph. From left to right, Jan, Mom, Me, Paul, Adrienne, and Neil.

After a scrumptious brunch of crab legs, mussels, mimosas, and petit fours, us three kids went down to the beach to give the dogs a run while the grown-ups talked about adult stuff.

Here's Molla (the golden retriever/ boxer mix) doing her favorite thing- getting dirty! The black dog was a temporary ward of the Lulay household.

No comments: