Background

Friday, December 21, 2007

Moving

A quick note to Brent to say "You were right about moving"!!! Recently, Brent had experienced a substantial hike to his already exorbanent rent and casually started looking for other apartments. In the end, when I asked him how the hunt was going, this is what he said to me: "Well, I thought about it and realized that paying the extra money is worth it to me not to move". I now know exactly what he means. I'm so sore...I never realized how much kitchen crap I had! I mean, it all has a purpose, and I love it all, but I must have the most fitted out kitchen of any 26 year old I know! It seemed like every other box had "KITCHEN-FRAGILE" scrawled on the top in big, black writing. Also, now that I finally have enough room, I got to retrieve some of my things from the barn....things that had been in storage for three years.....in the barn. All I'm saying is that I've been running this dishwasher for two days straight and we have some very lazy cats! Anyway, it's like Christmas has come early as I discover treasures long forgotten (or replaced). I will take some pictures of my new pad when it's not such a disaster area. However, after helping me move to college, then back to St. Helens, then to Lakewood, then back to St. Helens, then finally to Portland, Mom has told me in no uncertain terms that this is the last time she's shifting my shit! She said next time, I'd better have a boyfriend and three of his biggest, strongest friends to help. I told her I'd work on it....
To everyone at Farmer John, Happy Holidays! You're holiday cards are in the mail and enjoy the Mariachi's! Have a plateful of salsa, dumplings, fried chicken, and Tres Leches for me!
To Brent, you have probably already left to Nebraska for the Holidays and I expect some good family stories on you blog, mister! You're Birthday and Christmas gifts are picked out, but not mailed yet. But I do have them, and so will you when I finally get my ass to the post office!

1 comment:

Brent said...

It's good to be right about something now and again.