Background

Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Huntington Library

Well, since there has been a small (very small) break in our travels, I decided to post some of the pictures I took in California before I left. I decided to go to the Huntington Library and Botanical gardens once more, taking with me my then new digital camera. Here are some of the photos I took of the Bonsai displays and the Japanese Gardens.

Here is something I'd never seen before: Bonsai Pomegrante!



I started playing around with perspective and discovered mini forests...



Two shots of the famous Japanese Bridge. I know, everyone takes a photo of this bridge, but I couldn't leave So. Cal without them!





It had just rained and all the foliage was covered with dew, making the plants sparkle!




By the time I had fiddle-farted around taking pictures of the Japanese Garden, it was time to make my way back to the Rose Garden and Tea House. Here are some pictures I took while waiting for my reservation.






3 comments:

Sheila E said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures!! Thanks for them...eye candy for sure!!
I wish you many happy years at your new home!! It's going to be a very special place when you get it all together the way you like it!
Can't wait to come by and have tea ;)

Becky Rose said...

Thanks Sheila! These pictures did turn out especially well, but I think the camera made up for the shortcomings of the operator!

IAMARTHURMORGAN said...

That Bridge is absolutely beautiful.