Background

Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Hit and Blog

Well, we've been plying, winding, setting, and labeling like crazy women! We're frantically preparing for our trip to New York and have already mailed off one box that weighed 27 pounds to String in Manhanttan. I think we've set a Tanglewood Fiber Creations record of 200 completed skeins this week. Whew....it was a lot of work.... But, with each day that passes, we get better. More work gets done in less time and we find ourselves thinking about the same problems at the same time. Here are some pictures I've taken over the passed two weeks.

This is one of the best Tai places I've ever been too. I've really missed their game hen in chile sauce... Here's a photo of their very unusual, but pretty tea pots. All their serving dishes are tooled aluminum and are very neat.

Adrienne and Paul....

Ha! This was hilarious! I couldn't believe this billboard.

Emma and I went to Powell's Books and saw Elvis! He was singing Christmas Carols, complete with the "Thank you, thank you very much".

Oh! Here is the fabulous brand-spanking-new waffle iron that Jan and Neil gave me for my birthday. They waffles were delicious! So fluffy.....


In readiness for our New York trip, Mom reluctantly made reservations at the local beauty parlor for some "pampering". By the way she was talking in the morning before we left, you would have thought I was taking her to the dentist, not to the manicurist. All the way there, Mom was full of protest after protest of why she didn't need or want to go. "They won't do it right. It'll hurt when they scape my feet and I'll be embarassed. I'll just do it myself on the plane, I do it better anyway." Blah, blah, blah. You can imagine how I felt once we got there....

Anyway, this is how Mom felt about the massage chair. She dissolved into uncontrollable laughing/giggling that disturbed the whole place until I told her to pull herself together from inside the waxing room. However, most of her apprehension disappeared when the pedicure lady mentioned that she could have rhinestones glued onto her toenails.....


No comments: