Background

Sunday, October 21, 2007

New Beginnings!

Well, it seems like everyone I know has a blog, even if they don't have that much to say. I've seen cooking blogs, photography blogs, knitting and spinning blogs, even video game blogs. They all seem to have a theme they follow, a common thread that holds all the posts together. Everyone else is so interesting, so I suppose that's what has been stopping me from having one of my own. I mean, no one is interested in me, right? Nothing interesting ever happens to me. Well, I guess there was that one time Mom and I were on our way to fair with sheep in the back of the truck and we scared th crap out of some poor gas pump attendant. I mean, why the sheep waited to scream until the very moment the attendent bent in really close to take off the gas cap kept us laughing all the way from the Fred Meyer gas station to Linton. Oh!, and there was this other time....when all the animals got out into the neighbors hay field..and...well.....ok, so I suppose I do have some pretty good stories, but are they interesting to someone who wasn't actually there? Will the entirety of my blog all boil down to a "well, you kind of had to be there" situation? Ick, how boring. So, as a result of this self doubt, I supposed I've fallen behind the times. Not having a blog these days is like not having a cell phone or cable TV. How uncool of me not to have a diary accessable to thousands of people. Ok, so why am I doing it then? Well, I got this new camera, see. It's a Sony, and it's pink, and it takes really pretty color pictures. I take it with me whenever I go out and, as a result, have collected quite a portfolio on the memory stick. It's really because of my beautiful new camera that I'm typing right now. If we were honest with ourselves, we would all admit that a good blog is made into a fantastic blog with pictures. So, this forum seems to be the perfect place to present my photos and keep all my friends in LA informed of my new life in Portland. I'm making several life transition that I intend to document here (if I can figure out how download the pictures). So, if you see any photos that you like, let me know!

No comments: