Background

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Egyptian Exhibit at the Field Museum

Wow, as someone who loves Egyptian artifacts and a good museum, the Field Museum in Chicago was an awesome place to visit. I'm only sorry I got there and only had three hours to look around. I didn't even get to the second floor- a good excuse to go back!

Most of these pictures I took for Dad. He has a true obsession for anything Egyptian and I really wish he could have been there with me. Dad, you would have loved it!

His and Her sarcophagi!

I just love this photo of the canopic jars. They are so dignified, calmly watching all the screaming kids from inside a temperature-controlled glass case.


These pure gold scarab beetle pins are so delicately detailed, I can certainly see them decorating some rich merchant's wife (or some dignitary's mistress, perhaps??).

No comments: