Background

Monday, December 1, 2008

Victoria BC or Bust!

We are on our way!!! Here we are at our Red Lion Hotel room in Port Angeles, making a quick overnight stop before catching the morning ferry to Victoria B.C. It was a busy day for all of us, but especially me since it had also been my last day at work. I drove to Silverton, worked until one, drove back to Portland to pack up, then drove to St. Helens to meet up with the parents, whom then made me drive to Port Angeles. It was like a 500 mile day for me, but I drove with a light heart, knowing I was going to have a good time!

Mom knitting to calm herself after a rather harrowing drive up 101...

Dad, Jan, and Neil already breaking out the tequila...


The next morning, the three of us were arguing over who was going to take the first shower when the fire alarm in the hotel went off, answering the question for us. Thankfully, we were already up, but I saw several more unfortunate people groggily wandering the halls, wondering what the hell was going on. I am proud to announce that the Andersen Family evacuation time, complete with all luggage, is under five minutes :-).

Anyway, here are some shots from the ferry as we were leaving Washington.



Second breakfast in the Victoria B.C. James' Bay Tea House. I had kippers and eggs- delicious!

While we were there, all of us had our handwriting analyzed by an expert. Apparently, my head and heart regularly battle for dominance....hmmm.....


After breakfast, we went to the natural history museum, which was pretty great. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see all of it, as they close early in the off-season, but what we did see was fantastic. As we left the museum, we saw that everyone in town had gathered on the streets for the local "Santa Claus" parade, which we got to see in it's entirety while shopping and walking to dinner.


A shot of the Parliament building at night...

Here we all are at dinner. We went all out and got the best thing on the menu- Crab, Lobster, Steak, Lamb, we wanted it all!!!



It was one of the best Birthdays ever, not to mention one of the best November's ever! I'm so thankful that I'm doing really well in such uncertain times. I plan to enjoy every minute of my new opportunity!

No comments: