Background

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Cabin Fever

Ok, I have the most advanced case of Cabin Fever ever! Because of the weather, I've been stuck in my apartment for a week and a half; I only made it into work three days last week. I decided to make the best of it and tackle something I've put off for a long while: a multi-layered cake. They look so easy to make on the TV, but when I actually try to rally and make one, I get intimidated and decided to make something else. Well, I had nothing but time and decided to challenge myself to make one. Here are some pictures of my first attempt:

The cakes cooling...

Making the chocolate icing...

Ta da!!! It was delicious >:-)

Anyway, fast forward to this morning, this is what I woke up to. My car is frozen to the street...


It snowed seven inches yesterday, then we had freezing rain all last night. So Portland is like whole city-sized creme brulee, seven inches of fluff covered with an inch of crunchy crust. All the plants and trees are covered with an even layer of ice...





My front porch. Crunch, sink, crunch, sink is what my footsteps sounded like as I walked around taking pictures.

1 comment:

monkeyspinner said...

You can make me cake. I love cake but pie more. But still cake.