Background

Friday, March 9, 2012

Home and Garden Show 2012

Mary, Lugene, and I were quite the Portland-bound trio a few weekends ago. We trekked up north for the Home and Garden Show at the Expo Center. We saw lots of amazing plants and garden ideas. I'm going to try my hand at making something like this: A vertical-hanging pouch planter! I have most of the materials at home to try out a prototype- maybe this weekend.
This is my vision for between the garage and house in the backyard. Someday (not anytime soon, I'm afraid), I'd like to take up the cement, replace it with patio stones and build a beautiful arbor like this. I like the hog panels and metal posts rather than more wood on top. Seems like it would keep the price down...
After we left the Home and Garden show, the three of us went to lunch at Habibi's- one of the best Lebanese restaurants I've ever been to. Then, we did a little vintage clothes shopping. Mary found a great Easter hat, but decided not to get it for some reason...
Then, after some time at Powells Book Store, we got back in the car and decided to visit Voodoo donuts! This is the first time I've been there since their expansion and it looks so different! The stained glass windows are really neat.
I decided on Captian Crunch and Lemon Filled donuts to take home.
I also got two carniverous plants at the home show which include a baby pitcher plant (isn't just adorable!)...
...and a Sundew, which is currently living at Matt's apartment and decimating the gnat population there.
I also got some air plants! I've been wanting to do a project in my kitchen windows for a while (since they don't open, might as well hang plants, right?) and I went a little crazy in the air plant booth at the home show.
They make a stunny display in the window!

2 comments:

Abegail Redford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abegail Redford said...

I would love to come again for next year show.

National Labor Relation Act