Background

Friday, April 1, 2011

My Project Wish List

Last month, Jan, Neil, Matt, and I went to the Garden and Patio show in Portland and I saw some things that I absolutely loved. I took lots of pictures, but these three rose to the surface as easy projects that would make a big impact. Now that my garden's basic structure is finished, I can start thinking about adding finishing touches.
This tall post would double as string light anchor and bird feeder station. I already have several seed feeders and hummingbird feeders that would look great on something like this. I also have a mason bee house that needs occupants!

I've been seeing these more and more in magazines. "Live" art is a growing sensation and I have so much fence surface area that I could easily tuck in a few of these frames around. Once established, the succulents are low maintenance and drought resistant. Perfect wall art!

This raised planter is light enough to move easily, but sturdy enough to stand up to inclement weather. I would love to have something like this right outside the kitchen, under the windows, to hold kitchen herbs like rosemary, thyme, sage, and other culinary plants that I use frequently. That way, their permanency wouldn't take up room in my raised beds. Maybe I could even fit in some salad mix....

What do you think???

No comments: