Background

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Big, Exciting Project

My new backyard!!!! I got a killer tax return and decided to put some towards a garden finally! Gardenpalooza is this weekend and it looks like everything will be ready for planting. After all the work I did in my rental, only to move out and buy a house was tough to adjust to. I went a whole year with no garden at all and it killed me!
Anyway, here are a few pictures of the garden mostly finished. They have since put down hazelnut shells as path material. Here are the four 4x8 raised beds, full of black gold and ready for veggies!

They also have timed irrigation, so I don't have to worry about killing plants when I go to Beloit for a week...

Here are two beds that border the new patio. I'll plant my berries here (red and golden raspberries along with some thornless blackberries). As the canes grow, they will enclose the pation and make it feel room-like.

Here's the other side of the patio with another bed that will contain clematis.

Here's the long bed that runs along the fenceline. Asparagus, snap peas, and green beans will hopefully fit in here.

There's also a bed along the garage. Not sure what will go here yet..maybe a climbing rose or blueberries or perhaps another clematis...

No comments: