Background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pastry Table at Last!

It's finally done, YAY!!!!!! It was sitting in the garage for several months before I got Joe to fix the drawers, then another couple of months before Alexandra got the top finished, but what a top! It's all made out of 1-inch pieces of Maple and wow, does it look good.
Here's Alexandra unwrapping the top and applying the first layer of the beeswax/ mineral oil mixture we made. After several coats, we moved the table inside and I continued to put coats on until it wouldn't soak up anymore.

Isn't it just the Thing?! I knew it would look fabulous after some TLC and it does! It has already been great for canning because of the larger work surface and because it's longer, I don't hit my head on my hanging pots anymore!

The tin flour bins are perfect for my cloth napkins and tablecloths- now I don't have to search in my bedroom closet anymore. Kudos to Handyman Joe and Alexandra for facilitating my wishes for this table!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of metal did you use to line the drawers, or was the original still in good shape.

Anonymous said...

I want refinish mine to a functional level, and the original tin was in bad shape.