Background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

State Fair

Bill and I decided to buy tickets to see ZZTop and the State Fair and thought going early would be fun, so we both took the afternoon off from work and spent it wandering the fair!
First on the agenda was food! I got the BBQ chicken which was amazing! Mommom would say I "washed my neck in it", which I did...

Then, it was off the poultry barn to see how my chickens stacked up to show stock. I'm proud to say that my little band looks just as plump and shiny as these birds!
My brother Steven used to raise chickens just like this one: Japanese Silkies!

Love the headdress!

This was the hugest hen breed I've ever seen. The rooster must have weighed 20 lbs.! I'd like to see a possum try to bother him!


Then, we were off the livestock barns and guess who I should see? Maria Rooney and Kendall showing their white Romney's. She won, of course...

And finally, before the concert we hit the Carnival where bill won a bowl for me and a shot glass for himself. ZZTop rocked and the venue was great! It was a great day with perfect weather for going to the fair!

No comments: