Background

Thursday, March 18, 2010

My Peeps

My friends and family are....the greatest. I had many offers of help with my recent move, some of which I took. I want to thank the people that heaved and pushed and pulled and carried all my crap to the new house. People like Johnpaul and Linda, Alexandra, Suellen and Paul, Mary, and Carlos with his Magical Moving Team of Three. I sincerely appreciate all your efforts and hope that I get the opportunity to repay you in kind.
There are, however, a few people that have given me so much support over the years (emotional, financial, physical) that I could never repay them even if I tried. And the real clincher? They would never expect to be repaid. They are the best people a girl could know and I'm constantly amazed at what we accomplish together. I would like to publicly thank those who mean so much to me and helped me immensely with this most important step in my life.

Adrienne and Paul Lulay
Loyal, Creative, Always Prepared, and TALL!!!
This super-duo always have the right tool, always! If it's not in the house, it's in the truck. If it's not in that truck then it's in the other truck. And if they (by some crazy fluke) don't have something, they know someone who does. If you need help, they hook up the horse trailer and blaze up I-5 to the rescue! They give great advice, enable my crazy schemes, and make a mean breakfast!


Jan and Neil McMahon
Practical, Wise, and Unendingly Supportive
What can I say? They're the best surrogate parents I could ever hope for. Since the age of 14, I've earned valuable spending money trimming sheep and farm-sitting (something I would have done for free) at Spinning Ewe Farm. They know when I'm down about something and always know how to cheer me up. Whether that means getting on the computer and helping me do legwork, or sitting me down with a bowlful of lamb stew and Maury, it always works. I leave feeling more prepared, or reassured, and with whatever else Jan feels I need (cheese, dishtowels, a silverware set, a new chicken coop, wine glasses, potholders, a Carhart t-shirt, eggs, and the list goes on...), the most valuable of which is advice stemming from years of experience. They tell me when I'm overreacting (or under reacting), when I should take action and when I should be patient. They are truly the best of people.


My Parents
How on earth could I have gotten this far without them? Answer: I wouldn't have. They are a source of unending support and encouragement. If I need help, they're there. If I need money, they're there. If I need someone to talk to, they're there. Mom is always willing to jump on a plane to bail me out when I start to freak out and Dad's voice of reason is only a phone call away. I would not have had the confidence to buy a house on my own had my family not been willing to go look at houses on Christmas Eve. We all loaded into Joe's truck, crawled through freezing empty houses, then ate dinner at the Creekside while debating the many pros and cons of each house. Had they not been willing to hash out all the details, I would have been very hard pressed to make a decision on my own. I love my family and while we're not perfect, we're pretty damn good.


These are the special people in my life and I just wanted to take this opportunity to say "thanks", even though that single word seems to be excruciatingly inadequate. They help me get through life with all it's ups and downs and I hope we can stick together always. They are my Posse!

No comments: