Background

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Home Improvement

Well, things are ticking right along at the new house! Yesterday, Mom and Jan volunteered to come over and help me get organized before Moving Day. Apparently, there are things about the new house that bother the two of them much more than they bother me. Granted, the crooked striped wall paper in the kitchen bothered everyone, but they are determined to paint the kitchen, even though I'm planning a larger re-model later....
Here's Mom, happily cleaning. After seeing the picture, she challenges anyone to drive 12 hours, arrive at midnight, clean their daughter's new kitchen the next day and look better than she does in this picture :-)

It's amazing how much better mint green paint looks when it's clean. Not great, mind you, but better...

Here is Jan, gleefully removing the hideous striped wall paper. The glue-smeared wall underneath looked better than the actual paper...kind of shabby- chic.

On Saturday, my very loyal friend Bill came up from Philomath to help do Demolition! We ripped out a very moldy office that had been "creatively" built inside the garage. Now, I just have to schedule some dump runs to get rid of old drywall, carpet and wood!
There's one wall down!


Three walls down! After I took this photo, we cleared out the last of the insulation and wood. The only thing left to rip out is the carpet and a few pieces of wood bolted to the concrete. Then, I can get started on my dream garage and seed-starting station!

No comments: