Background

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

WTF??!!

Ok, I haven't really "vented" that much on my blog which, I suppose, is one of the main attractions of having one. However, I do have a small bone that I've been picking on for a while. Why do good things happen to people who don't deserve them??? Some people work hard writing specs, dotting their I's, crossing their T's, and some people can just go play golf...with the president of the company. Some people stay overtime and come in every other Saturday, while some people just have sex.....with the president of the company. Some people are always honest, even when the truth is the last thing anyone wants to hear. Some people bold-faced lie...to the president of the company. How is it that one can build a whole career out of smoke and mirrors?! Hard work and perserverance are supposed to be the solid base of The American Dream, so how is it that everywhere I go, I meet people who manage to skate by?! Now, I realize that not everyone is perfect, including me, and that every society will have it's share of lying, no good, lay-abouts, but what really gets me, what makes me lose sleep at night, pull at my hair, and foam at the mouth is that THEY GET AWAY WITH IT!!!! Even when everyone knows they're full of shit (their boss included), it seems like taking action is just too hard. It's somehow easier (which I've never understood) to deal with the person day in and day out, taking the heat for their mistakes and enduring ego-inflated posturing. Unfortunately, I get the feeling that there is no answer to my question. Every one of us have asked the same thing, and every time we are met with the empathetic faces of our more upstanding colleagues. And so, all I've got to say to the universe is: WHAT THE FUCK?!??!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

get up on the wrong side of the bed did we???????


uncle j

Tanglewood Fiber Creations said...

Karma is never immediate, but there is always a reconcilement, sometimes you know about it sometimes not but trust me there is always reconcilement. Live your best life and don't worry about what other people do. Love you