Background

Monday, November 28, 2011

My Vacation

I took some time off starting on my Birthday and used the time to finish up some canning projects!
First- harvest my leeks! We've had a couple of freezes, which makes them sweeter, so they were ready to come out of the ground. I grew these from seed and was pleased with my modest harvest. They'll go in soups all winter long...

Next- pickle more Brussels sprouts! Because 13 jars aren't enough!

I also had a chance to break in the new Pressure cooker I got from Mom for my birthday! It cooked a 4lb. beef roast in an hour! I'm looking forward to trying out lamb in it next!

Finally- Can this year's cranberry sauce supply! I made 25 jars after getting two monster bags from Costco (I'm learning to love that place). There are several jars already on their way to California with Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Sheila E said...

Hey Girl...Wonderful blog posts! I enjoyed each and every one of them. You are quite abundant with beauty.
I am anxious to hear how much fun was had at your birthday.
Wish that I could have been there to share in that fun!
You are amazing!