Background

Thursday, October 6, 2011

BEEF! It's what's for dinner!

For the next 12 months!
Linda and I split a half, but before she came over to take her share, I had to get everything organized by cut.

There was tri tip, T-Bones, rib steaks, soup bones, skirt steak, tenderloin steaks, chuck roasts, riblets, brisket, and lots of other juicy wrapped tidbits that Linda and I split; right down the middle. Then, we flipped a coin and took turns selecting the odd numbered cuts.


A side's worth of ground meat:

Here's my portion, all nicely tucked away in my new freezer! Between the lamb and beef, I'll have plenty of red meat to last through winter.

It's very satisfying knowing your freezers are full of fresh, wonderful food. I have blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, figs, lamb, green beans, and soup stock all put up and frozen. Should be enough to keep us going 'til spring!

No comments: