Background

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

DIY Green House!

So how great is this?! After looking through several books and catalouges, I had this idea for a winter growhouse. It's still in the experimental stage, but I think it will be great for extending my Fall and Spring growing seasons.

First we pushed wooden rowels into the beds and placed the lengths of PVC pipe over them. Then, we covered the PVC with two sections of metal livestock fencing and zip- tied it down onto the frame.


Then, we rolled and cut a section of plastic over the frame and zip- tied that to the metal fencing.




Next, we trimmed the excess plastic on the ends and cut a piece to fit the opening on each end, leaving one half fastened with wires so I can fold it back and.....


TA DA!! A finished green house. My radishes, leeks, celery, and carrots are slowly growing under there!

We also put up another motion-activated flood light so when I go to close up the chickens, I don't have to do it in the dark!

No comments: