Background

Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Long Weekend

The holiday weekend dawned bright and hot! Steven got to my house at about 4am on Saturday so, needless to say, it was a slow morning for both of us. Here's Steven trying to hide from the daylight.

Sock Summit is on the horizon and I spent most of the long weekend trying to un-bury my office of singles. This is the first batch setting in the sink...

My raspberry arbor is perfect for drying skeins!


Here we are at Jan's house for a 4th of July BBQ! We ate, talked, picked raspberries, and played Mexican Train.

3 comments:

CHERI! said...

Hi Becky ...

I love the blanket Steven is using. Can you tell me if it is hand made, what type of yarn was used and what is the pattern? It's hard to see but it looks like some type of rib.

Thanks for your blog.
Cheri in Boise

Becky Rose said...

Yes, the blanket was made by our Grandmother (who recently passed away in February) from odds and ends of little balls she had tucked away. She made one for each of us. The pattern is just K2, P2.

CHERI! said...

Thanks Becky ..

I met your Grandma one year in Coeur D'Alene. She was knitting some great sock with sheep on them.