Background

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

There is a Season, Yarn, Yarn, Yarn.....

....and as counter-intuitive as it is, the hot summer months are our busy season! Everyone is getting ready for Fall and Christmas and, as a result, we get frantic last-minute orders that need to be started right away! Since Mom is still down in SoCal, I have done my best to pick up the slack for Tanglewood Fiber Creations. I have been plying non-stop in my afternoons after work and any time during the weekends, so I would have enough to fill orders. Courtney and I spent five and a half hours working at the St. Helens house, getting yarn packaged with labels, then filling customer cubbies and making out invoices. There are seven boxes in the back of my truck, waiting to be mailed to anxious customers.
One of our spinners requested that I post pictures of the finished yarn, since all she sees are singles going out and not the finished product. Well, here you go!

This is some Calypso Cove and Winter in Cashmere/ Silk setting in my sink.

Lots of Cashmere/ Silk in Newport Rocks and Columbia GORGE-ous, drying over my shower curtain rod. I had both fans going underneath in an attempt to get them dry before labeling them the next day. Without a washer to spin them out, I got mixed results.

Some finished skeins waiting for label sleeves...


Here, Courtney is skeining away, writing down yardage....

...and here is the finished product, ready to be invoiced and packaged up!

No comments: