Background

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Poppies will Put Them to Sleep....

One of the benefits of working in Silverton is that once off the freeway, there are many, many cool things to see on the way to the plant. One of Oregon's major exports is grass seed and nursery stock, most of which is raised in this area. So, every day, I get to drive passed fields and fields of flowers, berry patches, green beans, shady orchards, green corn, and shimmering wheat. I risked life and limb on a narrow road to quickly snap these pictures. I was keeping one eye out for a farmer enraged by my trespassing, so I'm afraid my pictures just don't do justice to the bright, shocking color of these poppy fields.

Pink, White, and Red variety mix...


Red Poppies....


California Poppies. Believe it or not, these fields were actually even more spectacular about a week before I took the pictures. Since I have to fit moonlighting as a photographer in between my "real" job, it was the best I could do.


I'm not sure what these are, but they were very pretty. Can anyone enlighten me?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a nut but I love ya anyway!!! Crazy girl!!

Amy