Background

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Small Speedbump...

...on the Road of Life.
Tensions are high in the chicken coop right now, which affects the whole household. On Saturday night, Steven and I put the chicks (well, pullets now, actually) into the coop with the rest of the hens. I've already had one henpecking injury, but you'll be glad to know that she's recovering nicely in the planter by herself. So far, it's been an isolated incident. But...I'm wary of what I'll find when I go home today. Steven and Matt were at the house all day yesterday and could keep an eye on them to reduce further bloodshed.
Thankfully, it seems as though the babies have learned how to stay out of Blondie's path rather quickly, which should cut down on confrontations. I still think there may be a trip to Woodburn Livestock auction in Blondie's future...

No comments: