Background

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hawaii- Part Une

After our Alaska cruise and now our Hawaii vacation, I've decided I cannot let Mother out of the hotel room alone, no matter how much I want to sleep in. The first morning in Hawaii dawned bright and warm and I spent the morning of my birthday swimming in the Maui ocean and sunbathing in my new bathing suit. It.Was.Heaven. Mom had disappeared early in the morning and finally showed up after breakfast with an envelope full of purchased tickets- no expense spared! I supposed plying my fingers to the bone IS worth it :-)
Anyway, here's Mom on the beach our first night in Maui. After the five hour flight, sitting on a beach in Hawaii was very surreal...

Here's me in my super hot bathing suit!!

After sunbathing and swimming in the ocean, for my birthday dinner, Mom and I went to one of the best Luaus on the island- Old Lahaina Luau! We were greeted with leis and Mai Tais while waiting for the pig to cook.


Here's a view of all the tables and people...

A view of the stage...

Here's the pig pit!

They're digging around the pit...

Lifting the lid off the pig; they use banana leaves and river rock...

Ta da!! Slow cooked pork! The food and entertainment was fantastic- one of the best birthdays EVER!

The next day, we stopped at the fruit stand and picked up some goodies. Here's some dragon fruit...

and Maui gold pineapples!

Scuba diving and the Road to Hana below!

No comments: