Background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Work Continues...

After Dad joined Mom and I at my house, we got busy doing home improvement jobs. First on the list: a new workbench for the garage. I took lots of pictures in the hope that I could, at some point, do this myself on the other side of the garage.
Here is Dad finishing up the electrical boxes he put in the day before. He also put up three shop lights so I wouldn't have to dig around in the dark for a hammer anymore...

Here's the first piece to go up: the support onto which everything else would be built.

Dad cutting...

Next, crosspieces, a front piece, and legs. There was lots of checking, leveling, rechecking...

Apparently, my garage floor isn't level...hm, imagine that...

Here it is, all framed up and waiting for the top pieces.

We nailed on the three top pieces and voila a new workbench! I still have to put on a back-splash, front trim around the plywood, and seal the top. I love the way my garage is starting to take shape and can't wait to get it all organized!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Becky!

This is Amy Kennedy...we met a couple years ago in Oregon...I spent a week with my Aunt and Uncle there...Jan & Niel McMahon...I'm sure you remember me...I just wanted to say hello. I'm sorry we lost touch. If you'd like to reconnect my email is amk377@gmail.com. Would love to hear from you or you can leave me a message on my blog. I haven't kept up with it, but am going to start doing so again...Hope you're doing well!

AMY